Landlord Gas Safety Checks

All boilers, gas appliances, flues and pipework in domestic properties should be serviced at least annually by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

Who needs them?

Gas safety checks are required for:
Housing Associations
Local Authorities
Hotels and B&Bs
Boarding Schools

Gas Safety Checks for Landlords

If you are a landlord, you must ensure that any gas appliances (permanent or portable), and gas flues that you own and provide for use by your tenants, have regular gas safety checks.

Before the start of a new tenancy, you must provide a current gas safety check record. The record is valid from the date of the check. If the new tenancy begins within this twelve-month period, this record remains current and you can provide a copy for the new tenants.

If a tenant has their own gas appliance that you have not provided, you are responsible for parts of the associated installation and pipework, but not for the appliance.

You can check further details by visiting Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.

Like what you see?

Contact us today